Thursday, July 2, 2009

first day back

It's my first time posting and my first day back from taking a week off to work on my website - although a dear friend did most of the work. She flew here just to help me, and visit too! We have been friends I far back as I can remember. Our mothers met when they were preganant and we were both born artists....how cool is that!?!
So today I'm working on a (rough) color sketch for a very nice client with a beautiful waterfront home. I'll be working in an alcove bar area. First I'll be applying torn craft paper with layers of glazes to add texture and interest to the walls. Then I'll be painting bougainvilla vines with rich oil colors. Stayed tuned for photos of the finished product.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see you here! WELCOME! Enjoy the journey in blogland! I love your header...
    XoXo,
    Love you, Babe...
    SuZi

    ps...the bar area sketch looks better than when I saw the space (for you to paint) in person!!! That's my girl.

    ReplyDelete

bar area sketch

bar area sketch

Maggie's birthday gift

Maggie's birthday gift
Boo

boo

Boo is my cousin's daughter's cat. She's very special to me and I wanted to give her a special "sweet sixteen" gift.